Thursday, January 24, 2008

minute paper [1/24]

Today's class was..different. I wasn't expecting to read aloud my thoughts about my community in the future. I did enjoy listening to everyone's papers, though. From flying cars, to robot maids, to Hives and nourishment pills..they were all fun/weird to think about!

Everyone's ideas were so different, yet had things in common. For example, lots of people talked about how the environment would be shot to hell in 2038. I can't help but think that if all of us picture a polluted, destroyed earth in the future, why aren't we doing more to stop what we think is inevitable? Maybe we think there is nothing we can do.. but I think we can change our ways and help clean up and save the earth. I really liked the last student's paper, where he described the earth as clean and safe and better than ever. That's a really great, optimistic view on the future that more of us should probably have.

No comments: