Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Andrew's Minute Paper 1/22

Much to my own surprise, I find that I actually enjoyed today's class. When I heard that we were going to be reading our first papers aloud in class, I started to get nervous. Truth be told, I am not much of a fan of public speaking. I began to worry that, either by the format I had chosen for my paper, or the content of my supposed future, I would come across as weird. However, I was relieved to discover that everyone's papers were a little odd. Looking over the sequence of the papers as they were presented in class, I saw two possible reasons for that arrangement. One possible factor was that, for the most part, the papers seemed to go from a more positive future through many neutral futures into some somewhat grim futures. The other possible factor determining the sequence that stood out to me was the format, with the earlier ones being closer to an essay format, and the later ones leaning more and more towards the narrative.

1 comment:

Mark said...

I was trying to figure out what the sequence order meant as well! I share your feelings on the in class readings almost exactly! I felt the same way when I heard the news...both of being worried about the format of my paper and the ideas I had posed. Overall I enjoyed hearing everything though! Good stuff!