Thursday, January 24, 2008

Andrew's Minute Paper 1/24

As soon as I stepped into the classroom today, I could already see where this class was going to go. When I saw the chair up front again, I knew we were going to have to read our second paper in class. And then I got nervous. I had chosen what could be considered a somewhat nonstandard format for my paper. And as I had suspected, my format for the paper, that of an anthropologist who was not of the society being observed, turned out to be fairly far from the rest of the class. As far as the order for this set of papers, a few possible progressions occurred to me. The first that I noticed had to do with the view of environmental issues. It seemed to me that the papers presented earlier showed a more environmentally devastated world, while the later ones seemed to have solved in some way the environmental question.

No comments: