Tuesday, January 22, 2008

minute paper 1/22

Today's class was a unique way of looking at the future in which we all share. I found it interesting that so many people incorporate such high level technology into the next thirty years, personally I don't think society is ready for such a large step so abruptly; like having robot maids or self driving cars. Also, I feel like because we assume these things and desire them that society will continue to relie on better and more advanced things eventually dominating mankind. This can also be related to the two articles from last class because it shows what our society continuously focuses on and the strive for better things. I can only hope that these things wont happen in my lifetime.

Melissa Ginn (via email)

1 comment:

Stuart Candy said...

And if these things do look like happening in our lifetime... what then? Is hoping really all that can be done now?