Thursday, April 3, 2008

Minute Paper 4/3

One thing that really caught my attention in class, in particular during the discussions at the end of each of the group ideas was how simultaneously ridiculous and reasonable some of the ideas, especially for the media groups, seemed to be. One in particular that stood out to me was one talking about (I believe it was the discipline group) something along the lines of rationing of media based on physical health. While it might seem to many a denial of freedoms many expect, my first thought was what a great and practical solution to the problem of obesity it would be, assuming a simple and fair method actually could be devised to analyze physical health prior to media access. Another thing that struck me was the variety of presentation models, from newspaper adds to looking to set up a fake vending machine for the hypothetical product/technology.

Andrew

No comments: