Friday, March 7, 2008

Andrew's Minute Paper 3/7

While some of the classes we have had in this poli-sci course have been somewhat out of my area of expertise (with regards to current political issues and the like) with the exception of some of the earlier more creative assignments, the area of examining advertising is actually something I know a bit better. Throughout highschool I was involved in various media-related classes, a major section of which was examining how various adds try to sell us an idea or world view. It amuses me greatly to see that people are making a business of doing what we did as assignments in highschool or pointing out not which products are being sold, but which ideas. When it comes down to it, you aren't being sold a car, you are being sold the beautiful women, or the family, or the adventure it claims to bring. So everyone go out and buy your happiness.
(And sorry I am a little late posting, dozed off)

No comments: