Thursday, January 17, 2008

minute paper.

Today in class, we did some pretty interesting stuff. I thought getting to knowing the neighbors were pretty fun thing to do. And the reading articles I received in class was a well written article by famous guy that got me real interested. I liked it because the author was displaying his point of view very clearly in most interesting way. I thought the term 'mental real estate' was something really interesting because I thought it was clever to name it like that. I once again realized the power of mental image people have on stuffs and how Hollywood can buy our mental real estate so easily with their products.
On second article, The author was talking about the 'tragedy of commons' I have heard of this term before on economy class and I have experienced it first hand by the experiment economy professor conducted. I think human will never come to fully understand this concept because even if some of us understand the concept, there will always be many others who would not care about others and try to take more. It really made me think how can we stop this destructive cycle that humanity is stuck in.

No comments: