Thursday, January 17, 2008

minute paper

Mental real estate and mental commons... The word mental comes up a lot. we are talking about things that are in our own minds. it scares me that we have lost control of what is fed into our thoughts. there are so many unpleasant and unnecessary inputs that we cannot avoid. just as it says below, i don't want to know about brittany spears, but its not my choice... the advertisers really are getting desperate. i feel like the ad campaigns, especially the ones that target my age group are taking advantage of us. aaah i love consumer culture... its just an overload of information at this point. desensitization is a word that come up for me... or numb. makes me wonder why my attention is focused where it is right now. Prof Candy mentioned the word consciousness. i guess we should keep consciousness in mind...

No comments: