Thursday, February 21, 2008

Andrew's Minute Paper 2/21

Two of the presentations in particular stood out to me today, each for its own rather funny, and therefore at least in my mind attention grabbing, element. One that stood out to me was the vision of Hawai'i as a series of effectively separate but interacting island governments. In particular, the one that really made me laugh was what I have come to call the "Totalitarian Bitch-tatorship" government. As soon as it was announced that a shirt that was not white was in fact white, this presentation really had my attention. The other presentation that really got my attention was the military briefing on the retaking the state of Hawai'i after the hurricane and subsequent breakdown. Numerous hilarious things really got my attention in this one, whether it was the kukri among the 'gang' weapons or the comical 'commander' giving his instructions for the 'battle' with his back-scratcher. I found that while all the presentations were interesting, the comic elements of those two really got my interest.

1 comment:

MBA said...

Hey, thanks for the nice comment and I totally agree with you about the value of comedy, it seems like the best way to get someone to take you seriously in this type of exercise is to not take yourself to seriously.