Friday, April 18, 2008

Minute Paper 4/17

One thing interesting I noticed about many of the presentations is how far all of the final products seemed to be from their initial topic and path, such as the China focused media scenario just using the communications to the mainland being cut off as the starting point. The project that really stood out most to me was the media discipline in which the government rationed media access based on health. It surprised me how many people seemed to be reacting with the belief that it was somehow scary or too much control, while to me it seemed like the best idea I have ever heard to cure the obesity problem in the US. Of course I feel probably the most important moment in today's class was the look on the face of the arts class teacher when he saw the location that one poster had been place, specifically within the poster stand. It was particularly funny for me because both at the time and in the presentation in class, the other group members mocked me for specifically making sure to distance myself from that placement, and effectively be not part of that placement. It seems that in retrospect my instinct was correct that something about that placement was a bad idea.

Andrew

No comments: