Thursday, February 14, 2008

minute paper [14 feb]

I'm really glad that we review the different readings in such detail during class sessions--it really helps to round up my ideas/takes on the articles. It's also cool to hear about how other people interpreted them. Sometimes ideas that hadn't even crossed my mind are brought up and I wonder how I missed it in the articles?!
The article "Countdown to a Meltdown" was kinda frightening. I agree with those in class that said the photo clips in the reading really sold the idea of how the future could be in 11 years. One thing that stuck in my head from the article was when it talked about people letting their homes go & purchasing RVs instead..and decommissioned military bases becoming trailer parks. how can one of the richest, most successful countries end up like that? we can't end up like that.
This new group activity that we're doing seems pretty sweet. It's definitely a creative approach to learning and understanding the concept of the 4 futures.

No comments: