Thursday, January 31, 2008

minute paper 1/31

I really enjoyed the discussions and content of todays class. I think one of the topics that really had my attention was the counterfactual thinking concept. It's amazing to actually realize some of the things in life that should or would have happened if it weren't for, mostly, minute incidences. I'm actually enjoying thinking about many of those times, and wondering "what if". I think it will help me learn to appreciate everyday decisions that could be life-altering.  Another topic that struck my attention was how societies decide to thrive or fail. The Easter Island example was interesting because.... i knew of self-destructed civilizations, but i never really thought about them, or how they came to the point of self-destruction. The notion that self-destruction was a possibility for other civilizations, and very well is a possibility for our civilization, is very scary, but intriguing. Great class.

No comments: