Thursday, February 7, 2008

Andrew's Minute Paper 2/7

I think perhaps the thing that stood out to me most today in class was how vast the differences of opinions among the people were. For example, when the topic of mandated disease testing came up as an emerging issue, the class became quickly divided by their views pro or con. It seems that such situations as this demonstrate one of the points that several of the readings for class have made, even if people seem to agree on what the issue is, so vastly different are the ideas of how it is to be approached that it simply can't be mandated by one group with one point of view.
I also wanted to say that I rather liked the postcard activity, because I found the reading that brought up the 'four futures' idea was a little vague on defining what precisely certain of the categories were.

No comments: