Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Minute Paper 2/26/08

The documentary that we viewed in class today, "When the Levees Broke" portrayed the devastating impact of Hurricane Katrina on the city of New Orleans. It is funny how most Americans don't know the actual truth behind what really happened in August of 2005. This documentary definitely cleared up the many questions I had about this disaster. I felt that this documentary really moved me in a way that it got me really questioning about our own government. It was definitely uneasy to see people in my own country suffering and dying in need of help as it took so long for our own government to respond. I hope that by watching documentaries like this actually tells the American people the truth in how exactly our own government responded in the time of desperate need.

No comments: