Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Andrew's Minute Paper 2/26

After seeing the video about the aftermath of the disaster, I can only really express shock. In part, unfortunately, this is because I am somewhat oblivious to much of what happens in the news sometimes. As such, though I had heard at the time that something had happened, it never truly registered how devastating it was. But even worse was seeing how little had been done to help. Probably what got my attention the most was the parallel to the tsunami. How is it that within two days aid can be gotten somewhere else in the world, and yet in the United States it took so long? And not only did it seem to have taken too long, it took the outcry on the radio of the mayor to really get federal attention. I can only say, it further emphasizes the many problems of the Bush administration.

No comments: